1. What are the most important themes you have learned this week?
It is a tricky old game trying to identify weather that could be a “sign” of climate change. I think the materials was handle quite well in that regards.
2. What aspect of this week did you find difficult?
3. What did you find most interesting? And why?
The week 3 feedback video showing the new Nature paper results. It was actually quite interesting and refreshingly cutting edge.
I loved actually seeing chemical equations at last shame they were not charge balanced CO3- hmmm CO32- - sigh. I know it was an ad hoc thrown together response but really you’d just removed a proton, H+, from the equation.
I also thought it was interesting that throughout the carbon cycle sink and source discussions the issues of permafrost and potential for carbon dioxide release BUT more importantly the possible triggering of methane release caused by currently inert bacteria could have a dramatic tipping point and acceleration effect.
4. Was there something that you learned this week that prompted you to do your own research?
5. Are there any web sites or other online resource that you found particularly useful in furthering your knowledge and understanding?