1. What are the most important themes you have learned this week?
This week it was all about “Impacts on natural systems” and we got two new presenters. One focusing on the cryosphere and the other on the oceans and carbon dioxide uptake.
- What aspect of this week did you find difficult?
I found it difficult watching unbalanced chemical formula being flashed across the screen. I also found it rather pointless using hydrochloric acid to dissolve a shell. Why? To show it bubbled? Why not add hydrogen peroxide to yeast or acetic acid to sodium carbonate they would bubble and froth as well. Using HCl(aq) just confuses things when really you are trying to explain the action of the proton source the acid on the shell.
- What did you find most interesting? And why?
Nothing springs to mind sorry.
- Was there something that you learned this week that prompted you to do your own research?
- Are there any web sites or other online resource that you found particularly useful in furthering your knowledge and understanding?